[vtk-developers] Casting vtkIntArray vs vtkIdTypeArray

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:53:51 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 3:50 PM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:

> That's not a C++ cast, that's a transformation operation....
>
> All the array classes are siblings of each other, aren't they?

Maybe my terminology is off, but whatever it is called I feel that it should
work and it currently doesn't :)

Yes, they are all siblings. Are you recommending first SafeDownCasting to a
vtkDataArray, checking the type, and then performing the appropriate
SafeDownCast? That seems like a lot of trouble, no?

David