[vtk-developers] toStdString()

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 21 17:55:35 EST 2011

Ah, are you referring to compilation failure or the underlying
application crash?
The original problem indeed is buggy QT-STL interoperability with
Visual Studio 2010 64 bit and only in Debug mode for all components.
Before this is fixed properly I need to remove all QT-STL stuff. I saw
this is easily doable and not really actually needed in VTK, so I
thought you may want to simplify things there.

Dominik

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Dominik Szczerba <dominik at itis.ethz.ch> wrote:
> I configured and build Qt in debug-and-release mode. The reported (and
> first) attempt to build VTK was Debug. It did not come to compiling my
> own project because of VTK failure.
> BTW. a side note, what also surprises me, is that the errors appear to
> come from mysql related stuff, while VTK_USE_MYSQL is off.
>
> Dominik
>
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
> <jchris.fillionr at kitware.com> wrote:
>> When you observed the crash, did all Qt/VTK/YourProject libraries build in
>> Debug or in Release ?
>> Or was there a mix of Debug/Release libraries ?
>>
>> Thks
>> Jc
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Dominik Szczerba <dominik at itis.ethz.ch>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I suggest to replace toStdString() by toAscii().data(). Easily done,
>>> very few places, MSVC - QT - STL independence, currently buggy.
>>>
>>> Please see:
>>>
>>> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=11748
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dominik