[vtkusers] VTK + wxPython flicker issue on Linux/GTK.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Mar 7 14:03:19 EST 2001

hi,

The only thing holding me back from leaving Tkinter and starting to
use wxPython is that under Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 with
libwxgtk2.2-python version 2.2.1 and VTK 3.2beta when one runs the
wxVTKRenderWindow.py demo there is a huge amount of flicker when one
rotates the cone.  There is also some very bad clipping that occurs if
one zooms into the cone.  The initial VTK window is also not sized
properly.  I know almost nothing about wxPython, so have no idea if
these issues have been fixed or what the exact problem is.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me where the problem is and if
there is a fix.  I am not subscribed on the wxPython-users list so
please CC me in on any messages from there.

thanks,
prabhu