[vtk-developers] 2D Clipping planes again (problem)

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Apr 13 08:51:08 EDT 2001

Hello Folk,

In my test reorganization of the VTK directory structure I ran into a couple
dependency problems that I thought were mistakes.
VtkPlanes->SetFrustumPlanes was one of them. I think you should remove its
dependency on vtkCamera as you suggested. I almost did that last week but
decided it wasn't worth it right then. For moving the class you must do a
cvs rm in one directory and a cvs add in the other. Sometimes people will
move the actual cvs class.cxx,v file on the server but that causes you to no
longer be able to retrieve old tagged versions of VTK.

Ken

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, John Biddiscombe wrote:

> vtkPlanes-> void SetFrustumPlanes(float aspect, float planes[24]);

change to 'const float planes[24]' so that this method can be wrapped.

> vtkCamera->  void GetFrustumPlanes(float aspect, float planes[24]);

add another method as well,

float *vtkCamera->GetFrustrumPlanes(float aspec)

and at a hint to the hints file, then in tcl people should be able to do

vtkPlanes SetFrustumPlanes aspect [vtkCamera GetFrustumPlanes aspect]