[vtk-developers] VTK/Python in Parallel

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Fri Dec 13 15:00:55 EST 2002

[ Andy answers to Jeff and right away gets mail from Prabhu... ]

Hi Prabhu,

I typed to fast. It is not only singletons, but all c++.
Anyway, if any of you want to verify this, create in python (or I think
it will do the same thing in tcl), a simple script that creates some tk
interface and embed vtkTkRenderWidget. Then see what happens. I spend
lots of time trying to get it working on SunOS, but... Also, by linking
with C++ compiler some implied libraries are linked which make sure
things like iostreams work.

Prabhu, if it is not a problem, fix setup.py and README.

Thank you.

				Andy