[vtk-developers] Proposed style changes

Glen Lehmann glehmann at atamai.com
Tue Oct 10 23:28:20 EDT 2006

Hi Francios,

On 10/10/06, François Bertel <francois.bertel at kitware.com> wrote:
> Two remarks:
>
> 1. vtkgl.h is a file generated in the build tree from
> VTK/Utilities/ParseOGLExt/ParseOGLExt.cxx. It is not even in the source
> tree (except if you built VTK in the source tree itself) and does not
> define any class. So ParseOGLExt.cxx has to be changed instead (lines
> 611,612 and 696).

Yup, that's an easy one-liner change.

> 2. vtkCocoaGLView.h is an objective C header file.
>
> #import "a.h" is equivalent to
>
> #ifndef __A_H
> # define __A_H
> # include "a.h"
> #endif
>
> I think that's why there is no such #ifndef statement (and also there is
> "@interface vtkCocoaGLView" instead of "class vtkCocoaGLView").

vtkCocoaGLView.mm is an Objective-C++ file and within Xcode, I
typically separate out my vtk pipelines into Objective-C++ files.
Hence, I treat it more like a c++ file than an Objective-C file.

Objective-C++ is a real mixed-bag, though, no matter how you look at
it.  I guess the real question is: will this adversely affect any Mac
developers out there?

Cheers,

Glen