[vtkusers] Calculating derivatives

Hans van Piggelen hansvp at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 08:24:06 EDT 2008

Hi there,

For a while now I'm trying to calculate the spatial derivative of a dataset with an unstructured grid. I use the vtkCellDerivatives and vtkCellDataToPointData classes for this, but it seems that they are not working properly: the original input data set's values are the outcome after filtering. I need help with this, so any advice is welcome.

The code:
vtkCellDerivatives *vCellDerivatives = vtkCellDerivatives::New();vtkCellDataToPointData *vCellToPointData = vtkCellDataToPointData::New();vCellDerivatives->SetVectorModeToComputeGradient();vCellDerivatives->SetInput(vEnsightReader->GetOutput());vCellDerivatives->Update();vCellToPointData->SetInput(vCellDerivatives->GetOutput());vCellToPointData->Update();

The code compiles and runs but gives incorrect results. Please help!